Eco wallpaper made easy! We know you spend hours sourcing non-toxic products, reading labels and requesting spec sheets. You Google impossible to pronounce ingredients for everything from food, cleaning products and cosmetics to home decor products and accessories.
We’ve made it easy for you with this list of benefits that our wallpaper murals offer!
It all starts with the paper our murals are printed on. Made from renewable wood pulp and mixed with polyester fibers, our non-toxic wallpaper is strong and durable yet safe. It’s:
- PVC and vinyl free
- Formaldehyde free
- Chlorine free
- No lead or phthalates – CPSIA Compliant
- No fire retardants
- Sustainable – made from FSC Certified paper, 10% being from post-consumer recycled fibers
- Mold and mildew resistant by absorbing and releasing humidity
- Socially, economically and environmentally sustainable – Rainforest Alliance Certified
- Made in the USA and printed in Canada, reducing the carbon footprint versus many brands being produced overseas
Just as important as choosing a safe wallpaper, is printing it with non toxic ink. Ours has:
- No lead, cadmium or aluminum in the pigments
- No VOCs
- Produced in a factory using 100% green energy
- Washable with a damp cloth (exceeds category Five Type II commerical serviceability classification)
Non Toxic Wallpaper Paste
Our wallpaper murals are pre-pasted, meaning the adhesive is already on the back of the paper and is activated with water. The eco-friendly wallpaper paste is:
- Water based
- Contains no fungicides
Indoor Air Quality Compliant Wallpaper for Commercial Settings
Our wallpaper murals meet California’s section 01350 for good air quality to protect human health. Our wallpaper is suitable for school classrooms, private offices and healthcare settings like hospitals, dentist and doctors offices. Here are some settings where our sustainable wall coverings can be used:
- Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS) rating system, 2009 Criteria EQ2.2.6: Ceiling & Wall Systems
- Green Guide for Healthcare, V2.2, 2007, EQ Credit 4.2: LEM – Wall & Ceiling Finishes
- ANSI/GBI 01-2010 Green Building Assessment Protocol, 2010, Table 12.2.1-B: Walls
- ANSI/ASHRAE/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1-2009, 220.127.116.11: Ceiling & Wall Systems
It’s also LEED Certified Wallpaper:
- USGBC LEED for Healthcare, 2009 (Feb 2011), IEQ Credit 4: LEM, Group 2 – Wall & Ceiling Finishes
- USGBC LEED for Schools, 2009, IEQ Credit 4.6: LEM – Ceiling & Wall Systems
Save on Environmentally Friendly Wallpaper!
Join our newsletter and you’ll receive sale alerts on the latest designs to hit the shop. Yes, they’re all eco-friendly and non-toxic!